Sunday, July 7, 2013

To love you is to love me

To love you
Is to step off a cliff
To fall to an unfathomable depth
To not know the future
But live every moment
Every day as if it were the best
You take me away
From control, safety
From rules and guidelines
I so carefully erected
All through my life
A vision I had
You made me question
The image of me
You torn apart
I crumbled at your touch
Stripped away the clothing of fear
You made me see
The woman I am
Beautiful, strong and secure
You made me feel
Alive, vibrant in colors
I didn't know I had within me
No, I knew they existed
But was afraid to let out
Afraid of norms and cruel taunts
Society that snubs the unexpected
Shames the different
And cages the mind
Making us believe
That this is we
Living free
Then you came along
You terrified me
Looking through glasses they gave me 
I painted you black
While all you saw in me was white
And now you are trying to set me free
And I feel fear holding me back
Scared of the plunge
My wings never flown
Would it hold me
But you undo me
Show me the strength
I never knew I had
You set my spirit free
You showed me
That to love you
is to love me...

No comments:

Post a Comment